SecurityYour digital security means everything to us.
As you can imagine, it wouldn’t be very secure to share everything we do to make your online payments secure; however, here is some information to help assure you that we know what we are doing and take your security very seriously.
Aptexx currently partners with a variety of financial institutions, including KeyBank, Wells Fargo, ProPay, TSYS, D+H, FISERV, TransFirst and Vantiv. Each one of our partners regularly performs compliance audits and penetration tests. Aptexx would not be able to partner with these type of companies without implementing and maintaining the proper Application and Database Server security standards.
What is the difference between Aptexx.com and Aptx.cm?
Why is your application registered with a ‘.cm’ domain extension?
Is my payment method data encrypted? (IE: Card numbers, Bank Account numbers, etc.)
Why don’t I need a long, complex password to login?
To prevent unauthorized account access, Aptexx offers a 4 digit pin in conjunction with your email address or custom URL that is assigned to every resident. A 4-digit pin has a 1:10,000 chance of being guessed. Just like a bank, we monitor every login attempt. If we detect multiple failed attempts are made from the same IP address in a short period of time, Aptexx automatically blacklists the IP address and inactivates the resident’s account. Microsoft Windows 10, Venmo and other companies have adopted a 4-digit pin authentication.
If a resident’s account was ever compromised, the worst case scenario would be an unauthorized rent payment. No account data can be accessed or stolen since we only display the last 4 digits of the payment method.
What can I do to help ensure my payment information is secure?
- Don’t shop online over public WiFi that you don’t trust. Examples: Coffee Shops, Shopping Malls, Gas Stations)
- Don’t write your passwords down and stick them to your computer at work.
- Don’t use the same password or passcode for every online service you use.
- Monitor your transaction activity daily.
- Don’t provide payment information over the phone unless you have verified the identity of the person representing the organization you are working with.